Virtual Young Artists’ Workshop: The Stories Behind Paintings (July 17, 11am)
Date & Time: Sat, July 17, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Instructor: Ashlyn Anstee
Storyboard artist Ashlyn Anstee leads students through the basics of storytelling and how to create a storyboard based on a painting from the Norton Simon’s collection. Students learn how to create a storyboard using the three elements of writing, drawing and storytelling. Designed for students ages 8–12.
- Advance registration is required by an adult on behalf of the child participating.
- Young Artists’ Workshop is a free, one-hour virtual program held on the platform WebEx. Participants will need to have the WebEx application installed on their device beforehand. It can be downloaded here.
- A WebEx meeting link and additional instructions will be provided a week before the event. Participants will need to use a device with camera and internet access.
- Materials will be shipped to participants who register at least two weeks in advance of the workshop.
- Those who register late will need to gather the following materials for class:
- Pencil (preferably 2B)
- Color pencils (preferably light blue)
- Storyboard template (this will be e-mailed to you)
If you have any issues connecting to WebEx, or need any accommodations, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Out of stock