Virtual Teen Arts: Botanical Monotypes (July 31, 2pm)
Date & Time: Sat., July 31, 2:00–3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Valentina M. Quezada
Explore the botanical lithographs of artist Ruth Asawa in a printmaking workshop with artist and educator Valentina M. Quezada.
Create monoprints inspired by nature and experiment with lines and shapes to make several unique prints to share and display. Designed for students ages 13–18.
- Advance registration is required by an adult on behalf of the teen participating.
- Teen Arts is a free, one-hour virtual program held on the platform WebEx. Participants will need to have the WebEx application installed on their device beforehand. It can be downloaded here.
- A WebEx meeting link and additional instructions will be provided a week before the event. Participants will need to use a device with camera and internet access.
- Materials will be shipped to participants who register at least two weeks in advance of the workshop.
- Those who register late will need to gather the following materials for class:
- Paper for printing
- Old paintbrush
- Black ink
- Plexi/acrylic sheets (smaller than your paper)
- Q-tips and cotton balls
- Wipes or damp cloth for cleaning ink
- Newspaper for covering table
- Pencil for sketching
- Interesting materials for making textures (bubble wrap, foil, wooden stick
If you have any issues connecting to WebEx, or need any accommodations, please email [email protected] for assistance.
5 in stock